Monday, January 17, 2005

Poetry

I would like it to be noted that I have had poetry written about me. I find this highly flattering, and (although the poet has stated that "people can only get free poetry for so long" and has as a result of this sentiment shut down his own site) I have decided to publish this glorious poem I received.


Roses are red,
So is Courtney's hair.
Pillows are soft
Like a teddy bear.

Violets are blue
Blue is real neat.
Courtney's not blue.
She has feet.

Tulips are...yellow?
I don't really know.
Courtney is hot
Even in snow.

Daisies are purple
Or so I think.
I bet that Courtney
Looks good in pink.

Ferns are green
And leafy
Campbell's Chunky Soup
Is really meaty.

That is my poem
I hope you liked it.
Too bad this verse
Doesn't rhyme.
- D.T.H.

Beautiful, huh? I'm sure this gentleman would be more than happy to write poems for any swain out there who cannot think of the words he wants to say to his lovely lady. As you can see, everything is very succinct and (mostly) rhyming. He also addresses important issues in this poem such as food, and plant biology. Truly a deep poem. I am touched, thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On behalf of the poet, I would like to thank you for the rich compliments...

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home