Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Ta-Da!!!! The new me!!!

Well, what do you think of this new and improved look? I don't know if I'm so crazy about it right now- it doesn't have very vivid colors, but my last one was getting a little too dark for me, and the only thing vivider (or should I say "more vivid?"- I like "vivider" better....) The only thing vivider was pink. I'm not denying I'm a girly-girl, but I'm not quite ready for that step. If I did that I'd feel the need to re-name myself "Elle Woods" and traipse of to Harvard in pursuit of a shallow, unfaithful, sub-standard boyfriend. (Reminiscent of "Legally Blonde" to those of you who are out of touch with our culture.) So here's the new Courtney Blog.

You will notice that the name has changed and along with it so has my purpose. I was intending this site to be much more clever than it has turned out to be. No big suprise- please no sarcastic comments. An analogy that might help to explain this blog to an unimformed outsider is that it is a bunch of puzzle pieces- but not just from one puzzle. It's like someone took several pieces from about 23 different boxes and threw them into this box and said, "Okay, make sense of that." (In reality that's kinda what happens when you're made- but I won't go into genetics here...) I offer no guarantee of what you'll find here. I offer no guarantee that you will like it. It's very difficult to sit down every time to write knowing that there are a whole mass of people out there who think you are funny. What if you aren't funny? What if they don't like it when you're serious? Pressure kills humor like nothing else. There are a very few who thrive under it- and their not usually stand-up comedians (Stand-up is sarcasm, and pressure usually brings that out...). I'm not a stand-up comedian, or even a very funny person. I just say what I think. Apparently that is hilarious. I'm not going to even wonder what that implies about my brain and thought process.

So any way- welcome to the new blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home