Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Never, No, Not EVER!!!

Okay! Not gonna do it! Nope. Never.

I am not going to date.

I am not going to become engaged.

And I am most definitely NEVER getting married.

You should see me right now, I think I have "anti-guy" written all over me. :) I look quite the cosmopolitan business woman with my cute work outfit and "my" adorable little convertible. I look like a SINGLE carreer woman- and that's the way I would like to keep it, thank you very much.

Wow. I don't know where that all came from!

Yes I do. That's a lie. It springs from my deep aversion to conflict. I have noticed that most relationships of that nature seem to be a breeding ground for arguments, "discussions", and confrontations. I don't like these. Not at all. So, I'm going to avoid that kind of discomfort for as long as possible. Call me immature and selfish. I am. And I don't care.

Then, below that terror of deep discussions and conflicts there is another. I don't want to ever be left. I bawl my eyes out when people leave me because of a job change, graduation, etc. What would happen if they left, but didn't really leave? You know, the boyfriend throws out some sort of line like: "I don't think our relationship is going in the best possible direction. Why don't we call it off?" or, worse still, "Courtney, you're really great and all, but there's this other girl...."

ARRRRGH!!!

That for me epitomizes the horror of any relationship. It scares me to death- the thought that I am not good enough- and I never will be. It's the thought which has hampered me in several friendships with guys (not that they ever knew that) and it's that thought which is holding me out of any relationship at the present. (Okay, it's not the only thought- but it IS one of the three most prevalent.)

So, let me make this simple for you- here are the three reasons I'm not dating (I thought I should think these outsince I've been asked, "Why aren't you dating?" countless times already this summer.)

1. I love my freedom too much- I've got too much to do. A guy doesn't figure into my strategic plan for another five years.

2. I'm terrified that I'm not good enough and I never will be.

3. I don't want to be dumped.

There- those are my three relationship phobias.

I have no clue why I am blogging this. Guess I just needed to hash it out. This was a very infrequently read blog when I started- perhaps it still is... anyways. I better get back to work. :)

Toodles!!!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, i hope you don't say that because of what happened to me...
you're a smart girl, it won't happen to you.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courtney...you're crazy! :) 1)Dating is not as bad as you make it out to be. 2) If you date someone whom you know well before getting into the relationship, you'll find a lot of your fears unfounded, and 3) If you wait for dating, marriage, having kids, etc. until they "fit" into your plans, you might be waiting forever...it'd be nice if life were so simple :) But believe me you're not alone in your fears, just don't be ruled by them...Phil. 4:8-9
I hope you're having a great time at your new job!! Miss you already. ~Nicole

7:30 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hey, Nicole, I just want to commend you on your proper use of the word "whom." too few people use it any more. Keep up the good English!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kort-Knee, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a long distance relationship - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com site/blog.

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at long distance relationship.

Start Over : When couples first get together, everything is new and exciting.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kort-Knee, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout online relationship site/blog.

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at online relationship - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com stuff.

Lighten Up :Often when couples have gone through or are going through some bumpy spots in their relationship, things tend to get serious.

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kort-Knee, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a relationship tip site/blog.

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at relationship tip - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com.

Realistic Expectations :No matter how wonderful and flawless your mate seems, no one is perfect.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Kort-Knee!!!

You may want to check out relationship advice

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at relationship advice - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com site.

Make Eye Contact :Think back to the first time you saw your now mate.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kort-Knee, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a love relationship - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com site/blog.

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at love relationship.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Start Over : When couples first get together, everything is new and exciting.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Kort-Knee!!!

You may want to check out love relationship

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at love relationship - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Night of Passion : Intimacy and passion in relationships is not only important but also healthy.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kort-Knee, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout online relationship site/blog.

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at online relationship - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Adore your Mate : Appreciate and love them for the person they are.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Kort-Knee!!!

You may want to check out relationship

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at relationship - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Make Eye Contact : Think back to the first time you saw your now mate.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kort-Knee, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a love relationship site/blog.

101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at love relationship - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Realistic Expectations : No matter how wonderful and flawless your mate seems, no one is perfect.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home