Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Once Upon a Time

Habia una vez, en un lugar muy, muy lejano, un chica llamada Courtney...

Okay, so it wasn't in a country far, far away, or once upon a time, but there was (or rather is) a girl named Courtney. I was so excited when I learned the above Spanish phrase that I had to write it some where. There is something so magical about something happening in an obscure time period in a far off land. Have you ever noticed that all fairy tales have a hint of reality. If they didn't I don't believe we would find them as entrancing as we do. They would become mindless drivel and about as dry as a chemistry text-book. (Which, by the way, I went through in highschool as though it was mindless drivel and merely fiction. I wouldn't suggest this approach... Unless you are going to be a liberal arts major! :) )

So today I started my own fairy tale. This hogwash about routine and each day being the same over and over is a bunch of (can I say it again?) drivel. Each day is new, each one is different, and each one is such an adventure. (You feel like you're on an arctic adventure when you walk from class to class.) Today my adventure includes Spanish class and telling a wonderful woman, "No, I cannot teach your daughter violin lessons any longer." I would rather face a dragon. In my Dean's Scholar class we learned about problem solving and were psycho-analyzed concerning our conflict handling skills. If you've never been psycho-analyzed then you're missing.... no, on second thought, you're not missing anything. But after rigorous testing I did discover that I like to avoid problems. (Big surprise there.) So today I will conqueror the dragon of my fear of people. Tonight I get to meet some wonderful ladies for dinner. (Guys- be jealous- it's a ladies only meal.) And hopefully and early bedtime, although I've been saying that I am going to do that for the past two nights....

Tomorrow I get to meet my Prince Charming! (I know what everyone is thinking, but no.) I'm having lunch with my dear, darling father. We will talk about sundry things for as long as he can spare from his hectic schedule and I will imbibe some of his overflowing knowledge. (hopefully) What do girls do who have no "King Dad" to guide them through their adventures?

Well, I must depart. Upon looking back over this entry I have concluded that it is (aha!) drivel. Except for that wonderful bit about my daddy. (Yup, he's still "daddy"- always will be. :) ) Everyone have a splendid day- and embrace it all as a great adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home