Tuesday, April 05, 2005

What I am doing

Most people only see me on Friday night and Sunday. Some even less than that. For all you know I could be out binge drinking and smoking pot every night- perhaps that's why my voice is raspy/scratchy/irritating. I may be the center of party life at Purdue and on a first name basis with every frat boy and bar tender. The list of non-permissible activites is endless.

But I'm good. I promise. (or, at least I try...) Here's a normal day in the life of Courtney E. Blake:

7:00 Rise and shine, debate whether or not I need to shower and usually end up hitting the snooze button until....
7:30 role out of bed, scramble for something other than the jean/sweatshirt uniform, and spend 4 precious minutes looking for matching socks.
8:00 head to class armed with a glass of orange juice and a pop tart that was snagged at an "On-The-Go" station
8:30 Class- this one is the Dean's Scholar class- fun, fun. If you click on this link and go to page 10- you'll see what I'm doing. I swear I wasn't drinking the night before, although my picture seems like it. http://www.cla.purdue.edu/honors/2004-05%20Dean%27s%20Scholars.pdf
9:30 Study/e-mail
10:30 History- by far one of the best classes I have ever experienced. It's like going to the theatre- but taking notes while you watch.
11:30 Lunch and review of (ugh) Spanish notes
12:30 Spanish- love the teacher, not too fond of the class. After 20 minutes I look at the clock expecting it to say we've gone 5 minutes past where we should have stopped
1:30 Reading left-over Cognitive Psych.
2:30 Cognitive Psychology with a professor who tells us his wife is always wrong and tells us about his family ordeals in a class where the assigned readings are over how engineers poorly design doors that contradict clear standards of cognition. Several problems here: why is the woman never right, he never takes her flowers and refuses to- even though I have asked him on countless occasions "why not?"(his excuse is "she was wrong, she should give me flowers." God gave me this class to discourage matrimonial thoughts... :) ), another problem would be that there are a bunch of Liberal Arts majors telling an engineer how to do his job. Anyone else find that slightly amusing?
3:30 Orchestra- we are preparing for an absolutely incredible concert this week!!! All Broadway and pops with the entire PMO group joining us in addition to a Broadway star who starred in Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. Come this Sunday at 2:30 at the Circle Theatre in Lafayette. Tickets are on sale at the Purdue and Circle Theatre box offices. They are very reasonable and there are still some good ones left. COME, COME, COME!!!!!!!!!
5:00 Dinner with some buddies
6:30 Clean room
7:30 Pull out the homework
10:30 Put the homework away and watch "The Nanny"- her hypernasality is great!
11:00 Bed time.

See? Very boring and un-eventful. So.... write me, call me, and for pete's sake- come have lunch (or breakfast/dinner/snack) with me!!! I would love to see you and (as you know) I love to talk and be talked to. You know everyone leaves these kind of commands up, but I mean them, and if you don't respond at all I will feel very hurt, alone, and unloved. (See the tears welling up in my eyes...) Seriously- you would make my week if you came (not just my day- my WEEK!)

So... I've procrastinated on the biology long enough. Toodles!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dearie me ... this poor child really DOES lead a boring life - she does, however, have interesting stories to tell ... and says the odd blonde thing which makes it all worthwhile (nah, t'is not kind to make sport of thee!!) she has wisdom when the occasion calls for it ... although they are far and few between.

just a word of warning ... she doesn't like it much when one calls at 6am (that's my conclusion as she doesn't pick up the phone) - you may get a better response if you call at a saner hour.

she'll probably kill me for this - oh well, at least your eyes have been opened just a tad to the true Courtney!! hehehe

(might not sign off - she'll track me down anyway but maybe not before i post another note for the world to see!)

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Engineers can be normal people, too.

Normal people scare me.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home