Monday, June 06, 2005

When You Wish...

Here's Courtney's big, tough question of the day. (Don't hold your breath, Courtney's not known for her brilliance and deep thinking...)

When do you stop dreaming about the "impossible" and just accept your reality? What about the fear that you've given up too soon, that your dream will never be realized because you didn't stick it out long enough? At what point do you say, "This must not be what God has planned for me" and when do you say, "Okay, with your help, Lord, I'm going to stick it out a little while longer- I'm going to keep on hoping for my fairy tale."

Because everyone has a fairy tale- a secret wish for their future. Just ask. A little dream, a little fantasy that they want to obtain. It changes from age to age, from circumstance to circumstance, but everyone has some little heaven on earth that they want to obtain.

I've got mine. I don't think anyone knows it... verbal as I am. :)

You've got yours. (Feel free to share it... I love hearing them!)

The question is: Do I keep wishing for the stars or accept that I've got to live on this earth?

6 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Is this supposed to be one of those highly controversial questions?

I say keep reaching for the stars, for now. You have your whole life ahead of you yet, so don't give up just yet. But that's just me.

11:10 AM  
Blogger COURTNEY said...

It's not controversial.

I write what I feel like writing.

I choose to write- you choose to read. :)

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmph. i think fairy tales are all just this concept that everyone differs on. dedra and i both hold this very ... sarcastic opinion of it. But, for some reason, I still believe in happy endings and want to have one. which is why david is popular in thought.
-mols

9:30 AM  
Blogger David said...

What does it mean that I am popular in thought?

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

molly:
bankes, i don't know. i was so just trying to find words there that i lost it. argh.

10:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

Oh well. Never mind, then.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home