Monday, June 27, 2005

Couldn't Sleep

I haven't been sleeping very well.

(collective "awwww" from the audience, please)

But it really has nothing to do with my surroundings... I have a very nice bed, an air conditioned room, in a very beautiful, comfortable and clean house.

Ever since I hashed out the details for my trip home, I've been bubbling from inside with sheer, unrestrained joy.

I AM COMING HOME!!!!

July 1st through the 4th will be one of the greatest weekends of my summer, simply because it will be filled with all the ordinary wonderfulness of my usual life. I'm leaving at 5 in the morning on Friday. (Let it be said that it is wonderful to have grandparents who let you take the day off of work with no hassles...) And I'll leave at five in the morning on Tuesday so I'll get back in time to get in a full day of work. But over that weekend I am going to do EVERYTHING!!! Saturday night I was so excited that I couldn't sleep. :)

I'm going to go to PBF, spend as much time as I can with Amanda, celebrate Alex's birthday, go to church and the Pig Roast, and watch fireworks with tears in my eyes like I do every 4th. You know, it's a very good thing to go away for a while, to have all the companionship and teaching and family completely removed. It makes you appreciate them more.

However, this excitement is not the only thing hindering me from sleeping. Today the roofers came. They began their work at 5 in the morning right over my bedroom. It was wonderful.

Or not. (Although a younger member of the group- who looked like the boss's son- was rather cute with washboard abs, blonde hair, and a very nice tan. Hey, it's his fault that I noticed that- he doesn't wear a shirt!)

I'm tired, bleary-eyed, and completely out of creative ideas for all these ads. Why do I always get these computer and car places? And some of these guys are BORING. They don't want any creativity. I can't write a whole page of un-creative fluff! Who do they think I am? Herman Melville? (For those of you who didn't aspire to be English majors- that's the author of Moby Dick- a horribly boring "novel" filled mainly with philosophy and horribly inaccurate biology. David, I think you would like it....) Creative fluff is a lot easier to manage. I also do the patriotic stint very well.

I'm singing in the praise/worship team at my grandparents' church, and a week after I turn twenty I'm singing a solo. That poor music pastor won't know what hit him... Pray for the congregation as I indulge in my karaoke craze. :)

I'm coming home in 4 days!!!!

I want to see everyone!

I want to do everything!

And I don't want to miss a single moment of the whole time!!!

Bring it on, baby!

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

It has been bumped higher on the reading list.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home