Monday, June 20, 2005

Lovely Lafayette

I'm here in Bedford, Indiana, and I am miserable without all of you.

That's right. I, Courtney Elizabeth Blake, who loves new things and has been homesick a scant 5 times her whole life, am now gut-wrenchingly homesick.

I miss being pounced on by Erika in the morning.

I miss laughing at random people (in a kind way, of course) with Amanda.

I miss spontaneous ice cream runs with Mandy.

I miss late night chats with Alex.

I miss getting "woo-bears" from my mum.

I miss waltzing around the kitchen with Trevor.

I miss frantically checking off names with Rachel on Sunday morning.

I miss singing at the top of my lungs while cleaning the bathroom.

I miss playing the viola without inhibitions.

I miss watching chick-flicks with all my girl-friends.

I miss PBF.

I miss being completely clueless (and not caring) in a Bankes brother conversation.

I miss teasing my little sisters friends one moment and then doing hair and makeup the next.

I miss my little golden room- the place where the younger Blakes come to read, talk, and laugh with me.

I miss two hour dinners with my future roomie.

I miss chatting with the girls and getting advice from my older sisters in Christ.

I miss our pool.

I miss political debates with my mom.

I miss 36 mile tandem bike rides with my dad.

I miss random picnics and movie nights with Amanda.

I miss Pastor Viar's sermons on Sunday.

I miss Faith's music ministry.

I miss fellowshipping with believers.

I MISS LAFAYETTE!!!!!

Anyone who has ever been stupid enough to say that Lafayette is boring should leave for eight weeks.

I did.

And now I'm homesick for the town I couldn't wait to get out of.

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. (Ecc. 7:14)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to beat you.

I'm SURE Rachel likes me better...

And how many people were there? Bet you didn't have to deal with 100+.

(See, I'm trying to protect my status as the ultimate attendance queen. :p)

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... i noticed that you don't miss staley's. which apparently has been bought by some two men and apparently will be EXPANDING ... which is SUPPOSED to control the freaking smell. buh.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home