Friday, July 15, 2005

Abercrombie and Fitch, A Phone, And Flowers

I have the most amazing co-workers in the world. They are all older than me. Most of them are married. My wonderful grandmother threw me an extravagant birthday party complete with china, silver, sparkling grape juice in chrystal goblets, and a gourmet menu. All of my coworkers were invited.

We talked, laughed, and shared hilarious stories from our "childhoods" and then they raised a toast to "Courtney becoming a young lady." AHHHHHHH! Talk about freaky. Then they presented their gifts. I was kind of expecting gifts because they always do that, but I wasn't expecting what I got.

First I was handed a big box. Inside was my very own phone (just like all the phones here at the station) and on the handset was "Courtney Blake" Over the numbers was another gold plate saying "Telemarketing Princess." You should have seen my face. I was laughing so hard! I hate telemarketing, and, being the transparent person I am, they all knew that. It's one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. It's going in my dorm room. Everyone will have to call me on it. :)

I was expecting that to be it.

Nope.

They all pooled their money and made a card with Abercrombie and Fitch jeans on the front. I know it's a cliche, trendy store. I've never bought anything there in my life. But it's been my dream, for the past few months to buy Abercrombie and Fitch Jeans. And I swore I wouldn't until I was the size I wanted to be for the rest of my life, simply because they're so expensive, and they'd only look good on skinny chicks. They all knew that. And they gave me money to be spent only on my dream pair of pants. That gift made me cry.

This afternoon I got my first bouquet. MaryAnn, my coworker, and her boyfriend sent them to me. I have never had flowers sent to me, and Adam (the boyfriend) told MaryAnn that he wanted to get me something special to make my birthday away from home tolerable. :) She almost cried when she saw the bouquet. She thought it was absolutely hideous. It does look like something from Napolean Dynamite with pink carnations, orange daisies, and purple flower stalks. I was just happy to get flowers. It's been my dream for years. :)

Today has been wonderful.

I love these people.

I am so blessed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Courtney!! Sounds like you had a great celebration even though it was away from home. We miss you!! See you in a few weeks!!
~Nicole

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!
no blake b-day will ever compare.

~erika~

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is really funny!! awww! thats so nice though that they got you flowers.
*Aly Candler*

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, Kort-Knee, I thought your Afterism blog was great with good comments. Awesome. Nice Blog. voice broadcastingl .

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kort-Knee, I was surfing and searching for some info on and noticed your site. Your this post Afterism though sounded interesting so I took a look. It was not relevant to my I was glad to read your interesting comments. Keep up the fantastic blogging.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home