Friday, July 08, 2005

Hi, my name is Courtney Blake and I'm calling for the radio station WBIW....

That above phrase, my blog entry title is the phrase I have said again, and again, and again since 8 o'clock this morning. Yes. I am a telemarketer. The very fact that they are the bane of everyone's existence is not enough of a blight on my present state of mind. I also have a horrible phobia of the phone. I hate talking on the phone. I never ever liked to do it. Aside from my parents and about two girlfriends, I get antsy and pace whenever I have to talk about anything with anyone over the telephone. I think I sound like I've swallowed helium. I don't like that I can't see the other person's expression. I shudder and rejection. And I don't like dealing with any conflicts or problems. I just hate it. So, here I am in a job that requires me to do the very thing that I loathe. The very thing that I said I would never do. Ugh. I am definitely earning this pay check.

Well, below are several things that have been sent to me and have added some levity to my otherwise horrendously stretching day. For your amusement....


"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." (My "friend" wrote- "I instantly thought of you when I saw this." Hmmm.)

Sent to me by my dear mother: http://img.tapuz.co.il/forums/8572800.swf I love her. :)

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."

"The only consistent feature of all your dissatisfying relationships is you." (Ugh. Thanks a lot.)

"Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else."


So. That's it. Today is not a voluminous writing day. It's a Friday. And I just want to go home. To my REAL home. Lafayette is wonderful. Don't believe me? Well, too bad. That's your loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home