Thursday, July 07, 2005

"Courtney! Courtney! Wake up!"

I was awakened at 5:00 a.m. today. Information had just come over the wire to the radio station (and subsequently to my grandparents' house) that a series of bombs had gone off in the London transportation systems.

I have nothing more to say. The shock permeated me, but I cannot capitalize on that- I don't even know anyone in London. It's not my country. But, sometimes lines like that don't matter.

Wake up!

Realize that this world is falling further and further into depravity and violence!

Wake up!

There is something you can do- there is a God to whom you can pray!

Wake up!

We are the next generation. Stop complacently accepting things are the way they are going to be.

Wake up!!!

I don't know what to say. I don't know what to do. I can't impact anyone. I can't help in any way. Why? Why? Why?

Life is short. Brief. There are thousands, millions of people who are unaware of the wonderful grace of God. Perhaps these traumas are electric jolts to bring us back to reality. I feel so helpless, I don't even know what to say. All I know is that I want to reach others before their time runs out. To make an impact. To spread the word. To inform. To evangelize. I don't know how. But I must. This is a dieing world. I've got to wake up!

My life has haas been instilled
By a hope that never moves
And yet it moves me still
So I'm crying out to you
Use me
So I can take your fame and glory
For all to see
No matter where Your hand may lead me.
I will go
I will go
To make You known
I will go
I can't keep you to myself
My heart is just too small
There's so many left to tell
That You came for one and all
Use me
So I can take Your fame and glory
For all to see
No matter where your hand may lead me
For a dying world in need
For the hungry and the weak
For the sinner scared to speak
I will go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home