Tuesday, July 05, 2005

WONDEFUL!!!!!

My weekend was wonderful. That's all I can say. Superb. Splendiferous. Incredible. I didn't do anything life shatteringly wonderful, I just spent lots of time with friends and family. And... I learned some very important things about each of them, and about me. :)

On Friday I went shopping with Trev and Er. We went at seperate times because the Miata- which I had driven home at 4:30 a.m. that same morning- is only a two seater. And to take any other car was simply unthinkable when there is an adorable convertible sitting in your driveway. The reason Alex didn't go is because we were shopping for him. Birthday presents. And he had to work. (pfft- what is this "work" thing?) Then I ventured over to the wonderful world of "Day Camp." Where I and Amanda ran screaming towards each other ("Courtneeeeeey!!!!" "Amaaaaaaanda!!!!") as though we hadn't seen each other in a whole year. (5 weeks felt like a year.) I was sure I was Amanda's ulitimate bestest bud. (Apparently my status changed on Sunday- I'll explain in just a minute.) I played with, abused, and made fun of kids for the next four hours. We went swimming. I got burned (my nose is peeling now) and I had a wonderful time. :) Then I went and got a pedicure with my mother and sister. WONDERFUL!!!! When (if) I'm rich I'm going to get one every week. PBF that night. Very good. Then we restaurant hopped and ate lots of food. After which Amanda and I went out in the middle of the country and looked at stars (in the convertible) and talked. Once again: WONDERFUL!

Saturday. I cooked and cleaned all day. I love cooking and cleaning. Soft Scrub is one of my bestest buds. And I've been thinking that I had either better get married, or have lots of hungry roomies. Because if I don't have a voraciously hungry husband or a whole gaggle of girlfriends, I will get very fat eating my own concoctions. That night we hosted a suprise party for the Wickerts. They were both turning 50. It was one of the most fun "grown-up" parties I've been to in ages.

Sunday. CHURCH!!!! Love it. If you're not fully thankful for Faith Baptist- go somewhere else for 5 weeks. Pig roast was wonderful. Lots of food. I ate more than I should have for lunch, but it was the only meal I ate all day. :) Then, after the Vesper's Service, I was betrayed by Amanda. A large group of peers were driving to Covington for a concert given by a Southern Gospel quartet. Now, you must know, I put southern gospel and rap music in the same catagory. I can generally listen to them without screaming, but enjoy them I cannot. However, not everyone was going. Aaron had to work late, but he was willing to do something (movie?) after his shift was over. I don't like southern gospel. I had been craving a good movie. I decided to skip the concert. Amanda- WENT TO THE CONCERT AND DUMPED ME FOR DAVID BANKES!!!! I was in shock. She became very irritated with me whenever I dumped her for David (all of one time) and now she was doing the same to me!!!! All well.... I enjoyed the movie very much. Aaron showed up late (almost not at all) but I took Trevor and Matt Trillus, and Joe invited a batch of people. It was a very nice movie, although Joe comforted the girl (Adrienne) at his end of the row when she was scared, and Aaron didn't have the same decency at his end of the row. (Although it may be mentioned that despite his callousness he looked very good in his goatee. I've seen very few guys who look good in facial hair, and previously Aaron's attempts have made me cringe. :) But this summer... it looks very nice. Cuter than Brad Pitt.)

July 4th I spent the entire day cleaning at the house we bought, are fixing up, and attempting to sell. I scrubbed grime off the cabinets and all around in the utility room. Yes, I like scrubbing, but I wasn't allowed to use my beloved Soft Scrub, so the job lost some of its charm. But spending time with my dad, brother, and sister was very nice. I didn't go to fireworks. It was pouring rain. So my family ate Mexican gorditas and watched "Roman Holiday" (Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck) and then went to bed.

I came back to work this morning getting up at 4:40 and leaving at 5:30. I got lost in Indianapolis, but made it safely there. I am now at work.

That was the last time I'll see my family for another 3 weeks. It makes me chokey in my throat, but it will go quickly. This weekend was WONDERFUL!!! and I can hardly wait to go back home!

Besides, when I do, I get a motorcycle ride.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron is cuter than Bred Pitt. Just for the record.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad. not Bred. oops.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home