Monday, June 26, 2006

And it's called a journal

Okay, so the previous post was rather like a pressure valve- kind of vague, irritable and not fun to read. So I am now going to actually blog/journal. It's more interesting, I suppose.

;)

Friday night was VBS. It was only my second night going, circumstances kept me from going more frequently. I taught the lesson, and I think it was okay. I didn't see any children mis-behaving or falling asleep, which is always a promising sign. I was going to go to a drive in movie afterwards, but I was told it was "The DaVinci Code" and since I had read it was exceptionally boring, and because Debi wanted me to come over and spend time with her- I opted not to go. I'm not sorry that I didn't. I heard everyone was bored. And I'm now eight dollars richer, on top of getting time with my favorite Debi. :) We went walking, and went probably about 4 miles. It was dark by the time we got back, but we had chatted and caught up, which was wonderful.

Saturday morning I worked. At the Worrell's. I don't know if I will call this my "job" any more. It's so incredibly fun. We played soccer for an hour, went swinging, and took several wagon rides. All very, very fun.

Went home and tried to get beautiful (because the boy was supposedly coming at 2ish.) However, ended up playing the piano and then falling asleep on the couch only to be awakened after 3 by a phone call and a delay of the visit. At five we finally left for Indy. A bunch of us went to an Indians game (Jenny, Sarah, Micah, Jason, Chris, Me, Dave, Matt, Tristan, Leah- who I met that night). The game was rather boring. I'm not a huge baseball fan. But Jenny and I chatted the whole time- I hadn't seen her since school ended. And of course with Sarah there, I felt cuter. She just has that effect... she makes you want to, and also imagine yourself as cute. It's very nice of her.

The game went into overtime, it was 11 o'clock, and so we decided to leave. Steak 'n' Shake was the only restaurant open. So I ate my chicken fingers and cheese sauce with great relish, and resisted the temptation of a milkshake. It was rough. But I was strong. :)

Chris and I didn't get back to my house until 1:30. Late, late!

Sunday morning was awesome! I think I say that every week. I just love going to church and worshipping with other believers. I don't think there's anything more exciting than that. It's wonderful. All the college students sat in the front row- it's our new thing. I'm pretty sure when everyone comes back to school it will continue. From here on out we will claim the first 3 rows. Hey- we're Baptist! No one sits there any way! ;)

It poured Sunday afternoon. And I went to lunch at the Hoffman's. Mr. Hoffman (I suppose I'm supposed to call him "Jim" but I really can't...) grilled out, and Mike Luepke prepared his burgers in a special way. Apparently Mike is trying to body build this summer and is being incredibly particular about eating and exercising. His goal: gain 3 lbs. a week. My goal: lose 3 lbs. a week. :)

Sunday night I watched David while Scott and Cynda went to the VBS closing program. Then several girls and I went over to the Aucoin's for a movie night. We didn't actually watch the movie- we just talked. It was grrrrreat.

Now it's Monday morning, my first full day at Purdue. It's a very nice job, with very nice people, although it can tend to get a little slow. But so far I haven't incorrectly transferred anyone or hung up on any one, so I consider that a HUGE plus. Tonight I work at the Worrell's so my total working hour will be about 12 hours. It's a little rough and exhausting, but I suppose that's life... and in all reality, I have it very good.

Well, have a spiffy day! I'll "blog" to you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home