Tuesday, June 20, 2006

And it's Tuesday...

Yup. Here's another blog entry... I'm sitting at this desk with three pieces of mail for which I have no mail box. I really don't want to go back down stairs to find out what I'm supposed to do because I've already been down there several times. I locked myself out, and then I couldn't find postage. I'm inclined to believe that I'm more trouble than I'm worth.

Today I have a severe case of "I don't want to settle down." and "I want to travel the world!" I get them quite frequently. They're urges that are often accompanied by my "I want Gucci shoes" and "I want to be a partying single socialite when I graduate" moods. I'm afraid I'm not very docile, and I'm rather inclined to be independent. All well, perhaps someday I'll be less selfish and kinder.

But not today.

I'm reading "The Grapes of Wrath." I anticipate it taking a long time- not because I'll mull over it and try to digest it fully, but rather because I'm very depressed by it, and I have a feeling that I won't like it. Books have a great amount of impact on my moods. It would be safe to say that they have a greater impact than people. That can be good or bad. If I'm mainly people-izing it's good. If I'm bored out of my mind and my only summer recreation is going to the library- it's bad.

Tonight is VBS. I'm helping in 4th grade and Ian Heinz is my special responsibility. He doesn't need much help, just a little every now and then when he gets frustrated by his handicap. Poor boy. He's quite tall. Close to my height. But we have fun together, and the other kids will (of course!) add a little levity to the night. My mom's helping in 1st grade.... she says her gift is not with younger children- especially when there are 67 of them. I don't think anyone's gift is younger children if there are that many of them. That must be the reason why God made it impossible to have that many (except maybe by Eve- poor woman...)

Well, I shall return to my reading. Perhaps I'll try to find something in this office kitchenet to clean... although I've already tried that several times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home