Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Frivolous Randomness

I have just spent the past two hours pouring my creativity into various e-mails. If you don't have one in your inbox- don't worry. You probably will tomorrow. I love writing e-mails. It is my firm conviction that the art of correspondence is dieing out and that cell phones and e-mail are killing it. A hundred years ago people used to write copious amounts. Being a good letter writer was something to be known for. And people tried to be interesting and imbibe some of their own personality into their letters. But now we simply call each other and blurt out a line or two, and then hang up. Or we write 3 line e-mails lacking in personality. I don't like that. I tend to ramble in my newsy e-mails. I hope they're entertaining to read, perhaps not, but I try... However, as a result of my earnest endeavour to create interesting e-mails, this blog entry may be rather dry. My meagre amount of creativity has been sucked up. I'm not going to apologize. That takes too much creativity.

This weekend was great- one long party. Friday night Mom and I watched the 6 hour "Pride and Prejudice" for the umpteenth time. Saturday was shopping with the siblings. Sunday was church and "The Taste of Chicago" with my honey and some friends (fun, fun!), then Monday and Tuesday were two beach-filled days at Mike's house. I didn't even get burnt, just a little crisped. And I got to wear my new bathing suit, which is always an adventure. Now it's Wednesday and I'm back at "work" slightly more tired and sunburnded than I was on Friday.

I've decided that being bored is not good for me. I get horribly insane urges. Today I want gumdrops. You know, those ones we always used to eat as kids that were generic and covered in sugar? Yup. I want some. That's an okay urge. I can't really satisfy it, and it doesn't have any dangerous qualities. But then there are others- such as parasailing, building an entire lego town, and lawn mowing, which are not normal to me. I've started wondering things such as, "Perhaps I'm schizophrenic and I just don't know it. Perhaps I have other personalities and lives that I just don't know about..." and "Would I really be killed if I stuck my finger in a light socket?" Some are amusing- such as my desire to clean stainless-steel appliances, while others are scary- like wondering what it would be like to be hit by a bus, still others are rather random... does "Fiji water" really come from Fiji? And who came up with the name "Fiji"?

Yes, being bored is bad for me...

Okay. I need a little help. Advice. Whatever. Suppose there was this person that you really liked talking to. You like that person. However, that person has a tendency to be nervous when with you, and talking is very difficult. You try the whole "chit-chat" thing, but are well aware that that person doesn't really like chit-chat, or doesn't know how to do it. So- here's your dilemma: you want to talk, but doing so always seems stilted. The other person is quietly embarassed, yet also wants to get to know you. What do you do? Keep talking? Shut up? Talk occasionally? Voice frustration? Building friendships is HARD! Whew.

It's gorgeous out today. No humidity. Perfect. I think I shall go for a run tonight...

Okay. This is one of my random blog-entries.

I feel as though today has not been lived in vain. I have succeeded in filling the world with still more superfluous nonsense. Yesssssss!

1 Comments:

Blogger Keturah said...

maybe you could write letters... :) it probably depends on the person. prasenjeet the extremely wise relationship expert says: when getting to know someone, don't start out talking about the most profound things, but instead make interesting conversation about inconsequential things. If you can make conversation about the daily "boring" things, you will always have things to talk about no longer how know you know the person. haha! conversation is an art, and must be practiced...

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home