Thursday, January 27, 2005

AGHHH!!!! BOYS- OR MEN- OR GUYS- UGH. WHATEVER THEY ARE!!!!

Why, why, why, why why!?!?!?! Why do they pop their collars? Why do they remember every detail (right down to the sound effects) of their last episode of Stargate or Satuday's football game, but not the last conversation they had with you? Why do they eat enormous quantities and not get fat? Why is a pick-up game of basketball such a big deal? Why is it not macho to cry in movies? Why is being hairy manly? Why, oh why, oh why must I forget that I don't want to eat dinner with a guy when he asks? Why do I say "yes"?

Yes, the never ending questions that role through my head. It was simple, really. Just a guy who volunteered to be in my biology group. He knew his stuff, he is a good public speaker. Nice guy, very nice. He walks me back towards the dorms. We talk about various things. Very easy to hold a conversation with. That's nice. Then all of a sudden, out of the blue he hits me with the question, "Hey, you wanna have dinner with me?" And, without thinking (knee jerk reaction) "Sure!" So we went our seperate ways to meet again in about 10 minutes.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Yeah, it's just dorm food, yeah, it's no big deal, Courtney. Yeah, so he's not interested in you like that. Heck, it doesn't matter. I am in no way, shape, or form going to eat dinner, one- on- one, with a guy who I hardly know. As in, I just learned his name less than an our before. I've gotten in trouble with that whole "Couple" dinner thing before. I didn't think it meant anything, but the guy... So I don't want to hear any of this crap about girls being the ones that read into things.

So I panicked. I called his phone. "Hey, um, Ryan- yeah, um, well- this is Courtney, and, um, yeah, tonight's not gonna work for dinner. Sorry. Maybe some other time..." (when there are other people coming...) "So, sorry. Um, see you tomorrow in recitation... bye." Yes, that is by far my most eloquent message ever. So yes, Courtney is a paranoid spaz. Yup.

I give up. I'll never, ever be able to relate to the opposite gender with grace and poise. I totally and completely, utterly and irrevocably given up. The end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, indeed?

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home