Friday, October 28, 2005

Random.... but why not?

I always feel ever so slightly guilty when I do random, pointless entries.

But obviously not guilty enough. :)

A limereick en Espanol
El Gato Gordo

There once was a Gato Gordo,
Who lived at Guinevere Court-o
He got there so fat
He exploded in fact
And that was the end of El Gordo.

(Written by a wonderful woman who decided when I was interested in writing that she would hire someone to tutor me, claiming that she, herself, was unable to teach me. Why would she think that? This poem, by the way, is in honor of our cat, who has so many nicknames that we rarely use the one he was given. My family has a thing for nicknames. For example, the cat is Tibukula, Tibberooni, Tibers, Blooky-duke, Mr. Tibs, etc. His real name is Tiberius. Hideous, I know, but we didn't name him.)

I think I'm going to get my hair cut like Jennifer Anniston's was. I like that cut.... However, this does not mean that I approve of her views of marriage (she doesn't believe in monogamy), nor that my relationship will last five years. On the contrary, mine last only about one week....

My Spanish TA always uses this lab... I like it when he comes over and asks me to explain what a word in English is, or whether you use a stove or oven to roast meat in. I think I'm going to study abroad in Madrid this next summer.

My hands are already dry... that's not supposed to happen until it get really cold.

The roomie and I cleaned up the debri from a Level 5 hurricane that apparently ravaged our room this week. We decided that we were true servants because we didn't even get funding or relief efforts to help with our natural disaster.... But currently everything in "Mortney Land" is in tip-top shape. We even dusted all surfaces and scrubbed out the fridge.

My dearest dad met me for lunch today. He brought me much joy, herbal tea, and a 24 pack of Diet Coke. (in addition to sundry healthy munchies) Do I have to explain why he is the favoritist man in my life?

I need a manicure.

When I'm rich and famous I'll have a Coach bag for every day and a Birken bag for all of my medical files.

I'm looking at grad schools. Who's crossing her fingers in hope that the best Audiology school is on the East coast? ME!!!!

I need to go to orchestra. I don't like it when the low brass aren't there. I mean, the French horns are great and all, but when it boils down to it, the violas play the same line, and then lots of extremely technical fillers, but who is asked to stand and bow at the end of the concert? The violas? Noooooooooooooooo, of course not. Only the French Horns. They get all the glory, especially in chamber music. They need the other brass players to steal some of their melodies. And, contrary to popular belief it is a whole, heck of a lot harder to play the viola than the French horn. Don't believe me? I'll fight you for it.

I want to go shopping.

What makes some people popular and others not?

Gotta go......

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

HEH!

(Where do you want to fight, and with what?)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"However, this does not mean that...my relationship will last five years. On the contrary, mine last only about one week...."

Oh gracious. I'm sorry, but that made me laugh.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home