Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Basics

I have this insane desire to lie and make this blog entry more entertaining than it is currently promising to be. But I'm not a very good liar. I have a tendency to let my imagination run away with me, as a result, no one in their right mind would ever believe my fabricated story. So, as a bad liar, I must content myself with telling the boring truth. I shall stick to the basics. However, rest assured that no matter how boring my life may seem to you- I'm enjoying it quite well, thank you very much.

Friday was a hoop-lah at Jason's for Matt Crabtree's birthday. Jason has those speakers that I've always heard about, but never really knew existed- you know, those speakers that move and thud in and out while the music is playing. It was quite exciting. Liz Deckard taught me how to salsa and Leah tried to show me how to "rap dance", but, as Amanda said- I am "soooooo white." It was great fun, although Jason does insist on spraying lighter fluid onto his fire despite all obvious warnings that common sense might indicate. However, Dan Fox was there to protest in a very fatherly way and so felt that I really didn't need to fill that position. (Some people are born dads. Dan is one of them.)

Saturday I worked. If it hadn't been for the 4th of July weekend, I might believe that I was now incapable of sleeping in. (I'm up every morning at, or before 7 a.m.) However, that weekend sufficed to show me that I still possessed that art. Unfortunately I will probably not be able to practice it until the week before school starts... Saturday night the whole fam drove up to Monticello and watched "Pirates of the Carribean" and "Cars." We didn't get home until 3 in the morning. It was great. I didn't know that my parents could stay up that late... You should have heard my father during "Cars"- he haw-hawed with the best of them.

Sunday morning- just a leetle bit of difficulty getting up after a late night. But it was Sunday, and Alex's birthday, so we all rose and shone with a good will. I was sick almost all day, so spent it napping, but in the evening the Wickerts came over and we all made smoothies and ate chocolate-chocolate chip cake with chocolate icing and chocolate sprinkles. Our mother raised her children well. We love chocolate.

Monday I worked about 13 hours total so there's not much to tell about that day. And now it's Tuesday. I'm happy because today is only an 8 hour day. Whoo-hoo! Tonight, if it stops raining, I shall clean out the car. And go to bed early. Whew- this 8-5 thing is making an old woman of me...

So, that's it. Those are the basics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home