Thursday, December 14, 2006

Answers, please!

I'm very confused by God. Granted, that's probably a good thing. I wouldn't want a god who I could easily decipher, but I'm not going to lie- I would like to have a slightly better idea of what on earth He's got in mind.

After reaching the point in my life when it would be good to know what I'm going to grad school for (and where I'm going!)- I don't. When I view myself as ready (both spiritually and in maturity) to start a relationship- there isn't one. Everything else in these two areas (relationship/school) is completely lined up- I have a life goal that I want to fulfill.

But I don't know where to go to ful-fill it.

And I think I've (hopefully) reached the place where I could start a relationship and have it be the beneficial, wonderful.

Yet there isn't one. Gosh, there isn't even hint of one.

I would really like to reach a point in my life where I could have some answers.

I just want the questions to stop.

I want the answers to start.

But I'm beginning to sense that this is life. And I'm never really going to have the answers....

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. (Jer. 29: 11,12)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lemdog said...

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts..."

Isaiah 55:8-9

Life was never meant to be fully understood...that's where faith, trust and our dependence on God comes into play. One step at a time =).

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Girl! I know what you mean - I am - hmmm - older than you and I still don't understand why things are the way they are. I guess that's a good thing - He wouldn't be much of a God if I could predict what He would do. Miss you and PBF bunches!!! Greet all from Mark and me.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Nata said...

i saw you today! you looked quite cheerful... as always.

dido on the "answers"!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home