Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Why I Sing

There are days (such as this) when it doesn't matter how gray and dismal it is- colors just seem to come alive. There are days (such as this) when all the projects and papers in the world seem to bear no wait- and exhuberance dominates. There are days (such as this) when all of life snaps with vigor and beauty causing me to want to sing at the top of my lungs.

Why?

Because I love the color green.

Because God created chocolate.

Because new promises are always revealed.

Because my family loves me.

Because God allows me to breathe each breath.

Because I can sing aloud in my car.

Because I can be forgiven.

Because maple sugar smells so good.

Because I'm given second chances.

Because I can see the rain.

Because I can listen to Handel's Messiah.

Because I can journal in fountain pens.

Because life is an inexpressable gift, a constant second chance, and a continual manifestation of God's love- that is why I sing. It's not so much the huge, dynamic, clearly visible actions of my heavenly Father that proves His love. It's the daily heart beats He gives me. The breath He allows me to draw. The love He allows others to give. No, this isn't any profound, earth-shaking revelation. This isn't the blog that will cause you to scratch your head, or challenge your belief system. But stop, for just a minute and look around. Look at all those who ignore the God of the universe. Look at your own failings, your own mistakes. And realize that each moment you're alive is willed and commanded by the King of all kings. Even when you blatantly defy Him, or casually ignore Him, He is there. He has planned every minute of your life. He knows when you will fall short. And yet He still loves.

"Oh Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." (Isa. 25:1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home