Thursday, December 07, 2006

Napping in front of the computer...

I'm too tired to be profound. I'm to exhausted to be soul-searching. My mind is too numb to be clever, and I'm so very tired of being flawfull me. Tiredness has taken up residence in my eyes and permeated my brain. This entry will not be witty, intelligent, probably not even verging on coherency. But I'm at work, with nothing to do, and rather than go home and miss out on the 25 dollars that Purdue will pay me this afternoon, I've decided to doze in front of a computer monitor for the duration of my work time.

Since there isn't a new thought in my brain, (they've all been squeezed out into multiple papers that were due this week) I shall confine myself to merely stating facts. I think I shall tell you about events occuring this past week.

My parents are thinking of taking my car away because it's not clean enough. I washed it. It has new oil, but there was an unsightly conglomeration of books, notebook paper, sundry pairs of shoes, and multiple water bottles littering the seats and floor. Last night that was all cleaned out and put away. The car was also vacuumed (at three in the morning!!!). Now let us pray that the parents don't take my one mode of transportation away from me. (Granted, it's kinda what I deserve, but I'm hoping for grace based on their past demonstrations of unconditional love.)

Last night I was set up on a blind date. I haven't really gone yet, but yes, I am planning on it. His name is Trevor, he was in the Marines, has travelled the world, drives a truck, loves documentaries, has cute bristly stubble, and a good Christian mama who sits next to me in Stat. class. She pulled me aside yesterday and asked me if I was dating anyone "special." Restraining the urge to say "Anyone who would be dating me would have to be... special" (negative emphasis on last word) I told her I was not. She then proceeded to whip out her wallet and show me her son. Quite a cutie- dimples and a big smile. Apparently I'm going to just "happen" to stop by sometime in the next week, the same night that he comes for dinner. This cracks me up! I love it!!! And I think it's cute that she's trying to find a honey for her "little" boy. Granted, he's 23, on his own, and already a veteran of a war, but he still has dimples and slightly curly hair. I suppose no child with dimples really ever grows up in their mother's mind...

Today I did a photo-op for a lady in our office. She's been meeting men on-line for quite a while. Now she's found one who's a little more special, so we are preparing a special picture collage for him. Granted, if I was a male I would prefer a gift that portrays what kind of cook she is, or how well she can iron my shirts. But I suppose the physical attraction thing should be there too. ;)

I got two hours of sleep last night.

Jenni Engstrom and I have made it our goal to meet enough times for coffee so that we'll have tried every Starbucks Holiday flavored drink. Granted, Starbucks is a cliche, status seeking, pointless, expensive habit. But I really don't care. I think you should all know by now that I am shallow and status seeking. I'm perfectly fine with pursuing things merely because they will increase my value in the public eye. (I sense another blog developing...)

I turned in a 10 page cognitive neuroscience analysis today. However, after addressing the science issues (which is all everyone else did- their papers were about 5 pages...) I proceeded to explain why this was an important decision morally and ethically. We'll see if my professor likes my take on things. I'm very much afraid that we have completely different worldviews (if I had his worldview I'd be out sleeping around and binge drinking... once again, that's another blog topic.) but he seems fairly open-minded, and very willing to discuss various viewpoints. May he look upon my paper with favor.

I think that's it. Well... it's not really it. I'm almost done with my Junior year of college, I've developed a thing for watermelon lollipops, I've stuffed over 100 envelopes, and I just want to go to bed.

Good night!

1 Comments:

Blogger blind irish pirate said...

Curly Haired Boys = good boyfriends.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home