Monday, December 11, 2006

Little Experiences

How sad would it be to exit each semester without a list of things that I had done that were "new." I think it would be very, very sad. I'm in the middle of cramming for finals, but this will be my study break (to those of you who are interested).

I went on a blind date. (I guess... it was a little weird...)
I worked part time (20 hours a week).
I tried champagne and wine. (Don't like the first, can tolerate the latter.)
Argued with a professor (and then told him that he was going to hell. THAT was interesting...)
Skipped class for no reason- TWICE!!!
Flunked a homework for the first time since freshman year.
Started going to another campus group on Friday nights.
Realized that authority figures are not God, and that their word is not always law.
Got a brand new (2007!) car.
Steered clear (or tried to steer clear) of people pleasing (in all its negative connotations.)
Developed a great affinity for Starbucks.
Grew to view God as a friend to constantly turn to.
Discovered the beauty of being single.
Read all of Psalms.
Made over 20 new friends.
Learned how to dance (kinda!).
Started liking dark chocolate.
Learned how to check the pressure in my tires.
Went to a jazz concert.
Wasn't in orchestra.
Learned what your amygdala, limbic system, and hippocampus are for.
Decided that Vanderbilt was my dream school.
Told my dad that he could no longer interview prospective boyfriends.
Developed an affinity for rap.
Learned to love life, and my Creator more and more.
God is so good,
God is so good,
God is so good,
He's so good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home