Monday, November 14, 2005

College- what it really is

Do you ever have those days when it feels like you're doing everything wrong, and then you don't really want to change? Or am I just weird?

I just want to go to bed and not think. Not have to do anything when I wake up.

I think I'm probably not handling several scenarios well. I know I don't have a humble attitude. I hate making people unhappy. I don't like seeing my own pride. There was no good entre at the dining hall tonight. I forgot about an anatomy quiz until 30 minutes before it was due. I have a test on Wednesday that I'm completely clueless about. My room is either hot or cold, not perfect. I think I'm about to be confronted about my Sunday School teaching techniques which are, I admit, rather unorthodox, but I like them. The water here tastes funny. Someone doesn't call me and another someone does. I'm a stupid girl. I want stupid things. I don't want to study. I need to study. I hate disappointing people. I need to do laundry, but I don't have any cash. I don't know all the vocab for tomorrow's test. I haven't read my English book. I need to work on some extra credit, but I don't have time. I want a latte- with soy milk.

I have figured out what college is really about. It's not about intelligence, the right major, or creating a great resume.

College is just a test to see which people can go the longest without sleep, and live their life as little impacted by others as possible. That is college. Poverty, sleeplessness, self-centeredness, stupidity, and laundry.

Lattes also pay a crucial role....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude, you forgot about all that booze that we consume behind our RA's back. i mean, that's college too, because, heck, SOME people can DO that...
whatever. they stink like poo poo. Or should I say pee? ;)

roomy <3

9:12 AM  
Blogger COURTNEY said...

Mols, dear, we don't use that word.

Just reminding you...

:)

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home